Bayshore Drive Roundabout
- Location - Byron Bay, NSW
- Completion Date - 2018
- Value - $4.2 Million
- Client - Byron Shire Council
The Bayshore Drive Roundabout project involved the construction of a new gateway roundabout at the intersection of Bayshore Drive and Ewingsdale Road - the main entrance to Byron Bay.
SEE Civil was appointed by the Byron Shire Council to construct the roundabout under live traffic. Funding for the project was provided to the council through the Building Better Regions Fund - a federal government grants program.
The roundabout was designed to improve the traffic flow through one of Byron Bay's busiest intersections and provide improved access to the growing Arts & Industrial Estate.
The project involved complex traffic management and staging and major asset relocations including water mains and overhead powerlines.
SEE Civil also self-performed all asphalt and flexible pavement works for the roundabout.
Scope of Works
- Relocation and road crossings of major services including water reticulation and electrical.
- Construction and renewal of stormwater drainage box culverts, pipes, headwalls.
- Demolition and removal of existing AC sealed pavement and redundant culverts, kerbs, fencing etc.
- Concrete works including kerb and gutter, RMS R82 lean mix concrete subbase, RMS R83 Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete (SFRC) Roundabout base pavement, central concrete roundabout apron and footpaths.
- All traffic management for a 3-stage construction of the SFRC roundabout pavement and associated civil works with heavy traffic maintaining two-way traffic at all times.
- Refuge island on Ewingsdale Road, kerb side median and traffic islands
- Temporary & final line marking and signage within the roundabout footprint
- Liaison with key stakeholders including adjacent residential houses, the industrial area, Byron Shire Council, major utility providers and the community.
- Special Federal Government funding reporting requirements, invoicing and categorising all works into Plant, Labour and Materials.
Bangalow Bridge Replacement Project
Gold Coast Airport Taxiway Charlie