Beaudesert Town Centre Bypass
- Location - Beaudesert, QLD
- Completion Date - 2017
- Value - $17 Million
- Client - Department of Transport and Main Roads
The Beaudesert Town Centre Bypass involved the construction of a new 1.5 kilometre section of the Mount Lindesay Highway connecting to Helen Street (in the north) and Beaudesert-Boonah Road/Bromelton Street (in the south), bypassing the main street of Beaudesert.
The town centre bypass is two-lane 80 kilometre per hour road with signalised intersections at each tie-in. The road was constructed with Q50 flood immunity, including a three-span (51 metres) bridge over Spring Creek and major multi-cell drainage structures.
- All bulk and detailed earthworks for the project including 20,000 cubic metres of on site excavation, 100,000 tonne of import embankment material placed on black soil, 20,000 square metres of subgrade treatment and 3,500 cubic metres of special embankment (rock fill into lagoon).
- Construction of plant-mixed stabilised pavements, dense grade asphalt and stone matic asphalt.
- Construction of a three-span bridge over Spring Creek
- Significant changes to bridge construction methodology due to on site ground conditions which prevented a full redesign of the bridge.
- Construction of two new signalised intersections and installation of Intelligent Transport System infrastracture.
- Complex environmental management, especially associated with construction works over the environmentally sensitive Spring Creek.
- Recovery of the construction program following a significant flood event caused by ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie in which 247mm of rain fell in one day, to deliver the project on budget and one month ahead of schedule.
- Implementation of complex traffic staging and management on the Mount Lindesay Highway.
- Project area classified as a Category 5 - High Risk for Cultural Heritage finds, resulting in dedicated management procedures incorporated into the works and environmental managmeent planning.
Woodburn to Broadwater Service Road - Woolgoolga to Ballina
Wave 4 Early Works - Woolgoolga to Ballina