Curtis Island - Temporary Workers Accomodation Facility
- Location - Curtis Island, QLD
- Completion Date - 2012
- Value - $11.2 Million
- Client - Bechtel
The Curtis Island Temporary Workers Accomodation project involved the construction of a 1600 person temporary accomodation facility for the GLNG plant construction and facilities on Curtis Island. SEE Civil undertook the earthworks and civil construction works for the project.
SEE Civil was engaged by Bechtel in a Very Early Contractor Involvement (VECI) process for the project to ensure constructability and determine construction requirements during the design phase.
Scope of Works
- Bulk and detailed earthworks associated with preparing the area for temporary accomodation to be installed.
- Construction of rock and concrete lined drainage structures to facilitate drainage of the site.
- Installation of all electrical and communications services conduits and pits.
- Construction of all in ground sewer, water, fire and stormwater works including construction of three on site pump stations.
- Conordination of works to facilitate access for numerous other subcontractors including builders, eletricians and plumbers.
- Management of logistics assocaited with barging of materials and personnel from Gladstone to Curtis Island - including all required quarry products.
- Stringent environmental management associated with the works which were carried out within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Gold Coast Airport BP Joint User Hydrant
Gold Coast Airport Tower Road