Foamed Bitumen - Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Location - Pacific Highway between Maclean and Iluka
- Value - $ 25 million
- Client - Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete
On behalf of the Australian and NSW governments, Roads and Maritime Services is progressively upgrading the Pacific Highway to dual carriageway between the Hunter and NSW/Queensland border. The Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade involves the duplication of 155 kilometres to a four-lane divided road. The upgrade starts about six kilometres north of Woolgoolga (north of Coffs Harbour) and ends about six kilometres south of Ballina.
The Section 5 Foamed Bitumen package involves the provision and placing of foamed bitumen pavement on the northbound and southbound carriageway of the Pacific Highway between the new Maclean interchange and the Iluka Interchange.
SEE Civil is working collaboratively with Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete to deliver this part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade.
Scope of Works
- Paver placement of around 160,000 tonnes of foamed bitumen stabilised material.
- Included all placing, spreading, compacting, trimming and curing of the stabilised materials
- Overall manufacture, supply and placement of 16 kilometres of foamed bitumen material
- Compliance and conformance testing and monitoring
- Hauling of mixed product to site
- Self-performance of all paving operations including significant survey input
Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvements - North Maclean
Three Chain Road and Dawson Highway