Gold Coast Airport Taxiway Charlie
- Location - Coolangatta, QLD
- Completion Date - November, 2018
- Value - $11 Million
- Client - Gold Coast Airport Corporation
The Taxiway Charlie Link Project involved the construction of about 450 metres of new airside pavement linking two existing taxiways at the Gold Coast Airport as well as asphalt overlay and strengthening of Taxiways Alpha, Delta and Charlie South.
These works were conducted in a secure airside environment - including significant nightworks and temporary runway and taxiway closures. A cement treadt rock base course was required as part of the project.
Scope of Works
- Staged construction of new piece of airfield specification pavement connecting to existing and live taxiways
- Excavation of in-situ materials including existing asphalt
- Import and place processed fill materials, including a cement treated crushed rock base course
- Placement of asphalt surface over the fill platform, including under night shift
- Installation of airfield lighting and drainage along the linear alignment
- Works within a secure, high-risk airside environment
- Logistics associated with vehicle and equipment movements to secure airside environment. All vehicles had to be escorted by appropriate Gold Coast Airport staff
- Close liaison with airport operational and logistical staff to successfully completed works during runway and taxiway closures without impact to normal airport operations.
Bayshore Drive Roundabout
Gold Coast Airport Joint User Hydrant Facility