Maclean Cut - Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Location - Pacific Highway near Yamba
- Completion Date - August 2019
- Value - $ 17.9 million
- Client - Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete
On behalf of the Australian and NSW governments, Roads and Maritime Services is progressively upgrading the Pacific Highway to dual carriageway between the Hunter and NSW/Queensland border. The Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade involves the duplication of 155 kilometres to a four-lane divided road. The upgrade starts about six kilometres north of Woolgoolga (north of Coffs Harbour) and ends about six kilometres south of Ballina.
The Maclean cut project was awarded as a variation to the Woodburn to Broadwater service road project. Both packages are part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade. SEE Civil worked collaboratively with Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete to deliver this part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade.
There was two distinct scopes of work for the Maclean Cut package, these were constructing the pavement crossovers and widenings to facilitate future traffic staging at Maclean Cut and Farlows Flat, and preload and foundation treatment of the Yamba interchange area.
Scope of Works
Construction of pavement crossovers and widening
- Cleaning, grubbing, topsoil stripping and bulk earthworks;
- Foundation works and select and upper zone material placement;
- Installation of all required drainage and scour protection;
- Installation of permanent fencing and road furniture including guide posts and F-type barrier.
Yamba interchange preload and foundation treatment
- Removal of the existing pavement;
- Foundation treatments including installation of drainage layer and wick drains;
- Placement of surcharge materials;
- Installation of surcharge monitoring equipment;
- Installation of required temporary and permanent drainage;
- Temporary stabilisation of earth embankments.
Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvements project - South Maclean
Tyndale Borrow - Woolgoolga to Ballina