Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvements - North Maclean
- Location - North Maclean, QLD
- Completion Date - December 2019
- Value - $10.7 Million
- Client - Department of Transport and Main Roads
The Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvements project - North Maclean involves the construction of a new 1.2 kilometre service road connecting the Chambers Flat Road interchange with a new signalised intersection at Greenbank Road.
The project required careful and considered traffic staging to manage the 20,000 average vehicle movements per day along the Mount Lindesay Highway.
The project offers improved safety outcomes for motorists and the community as well as reducing the potential for traffic crashes.
Scope of Works
- All earthworks and embankment construction associated with the service road.
- Installation of large culvert structures beneath the Mount Lindesay Highway including staged construction and traffic movements to accommodate these.
- Installation of service and drainage infrastructure.
- Construction of all pavement surfaces including concrete, asphalt and seal finishes.
- Installation of masts and lights for a new signalised intersection at Greenbank Road.
- Construction of new private property accesses to the boundary of several rural residential and business/industrial properties.
- Nightworks on the Mount Lindesay Highway including the implementation of traffic control and installation of traffic barriers.
- Complex traffic staging and temporary traffic arrangements designed and implemented to TMR’s MUTCD and the relevant AustRoads standards.
- Significant community consultation with affected properties and businesses.
Mount Lindesay Highway - Camp Cable Road to Tamborine Street
Foamed Bitumen - Woolgoolga to Ballina