Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvements project - South Maclean
- Location - South Maclean, QLD
- Completion Date - expected early 2020
- Value - $7.1 million
- Client - Department of Transport and Main Roads
SEE Civil is undertaking the Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvement projects - South Maclean on behalf of the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
The project invovles extending the eastern service road to connect Wharf Street and Stockleigh Road and disconnecting the existing intersections of Casuarina Road and Maclean Street with the Mount Lindesay Highway. As part of the proejct a new signalised intersection will also be built at Stockleigh Road and Casuarina Road is being extended to connect with Crest Road.
scope of works
- Complex, staged traffic management on the Mount Lindesay Highway and adjacent local roads
- Construction of more than 47,000 square metres of pavements across several layers
- Placement of more than 3000 tonnes of heavy duty dense grade asphalt
- Installation of road signage and other furniture
- Reconstruction of the Crest Road intersection with the Mount Lindesay Highway including long term closure (approximately 4 months).
- Significant community liaison in relation to a range of issues including access changes, public transport changes, private property access construction and night works
- Construction of a new signalised intersection at Stockleigh Road including the installation of more than 29 traffic signal lanterns.
- Disconnection of access to the Tully Memorial Park from the Mount Linedsay Highway and extending Beryl Parade to maintain access to the park
- Disconnection of two local intersections (Maclean Street and Casuarina Road) to the Mount Lindesay Highway
Section 5 Earthworks - Woolgoolga to Ballina
Maclean Cut - Woolgoolga to Ballina