- Location - Casuarina, NSW
- Completion Date - June 2006
- Value - $12 million
- Client - The Ray Group
Salt Village is a residential and commerical development at Casuarina, just south of Kingscliff in northern New South Wales. Salt has redefined beachside living on the Tweed Coast. The village combines resort style living and holiday accomodation plus a retail and community precinct.
SEE Civil delivered the earthworks and civil works associated with Salt Village in a difficult earth working environment. The project required around 1 million tonnes of sand to be moved across 7.5 kilometres to fill a 700,000 cubic metre hole. SEE Civil identified that this could be achieved through pumping rather than a traditional trucking method to reduce impacts. SEE Civil designed and constructed a silenced dredge at their company owned sand quarry in order to move the sand without detrimental impacts to nearby neighbours.
Scope of Works
- Bulk and detailed earthworks in challenging ground conditions based predominantly in sand
- Installation of civil infrastrucutre including water, electrical and telecommunications for commercial and residential lots
- Use of hydro-cyclones to remove pyritic fines and return to the lake bed during dredging
- Design and construction of a silenced dredge at sand pit to faciltate sand removal
- Purpose built metering plant for addition of both agricultural and hydrated lime to constantly correct ph levels
- Construction of a custom built mulching machine ensuring dunal scrub was cleared and placed immediately on site to eliminate erosion potential
- The innovative use of the custom-built dredge system saved some 40,000 truck movements on local roads
Centra Park Estate Industrial Development