- Location - Sanctuary Cove, QLD
- Completion Date - January 2018
- Value - $13 Million
- Client - Mulpha Sanctuary Cove Developments
Sanctuary Cove is an award-winning, resort-style, master planned community located on a 474 hectare site in the northern Gold Coast region.
Sanctuary Cove was delivered in stages, with SEE Civil delivering five residential stages, including the final waterfront stage, Sanctuary Point. In total, SEE Civil delivered about 300 residential lots to sales in the gated-estate. Stages included extensive cut to fill works, significant export of unsuitable material and general spoil and extensive service works.
Scope of Works
- More thank 500,000 cubic metres of cut to fill earthworks to form around 300 residential lots and associated infrastructure
- Detailed earthworks including within Hope Harbour which required installation of rock revetment
- Export of more than 155,000 cubic metres of unsuitable material
- Onsite treatment of deleterious and acid sulfate material for reuse within work
- Construction of 35,000 square metres of brick-paved roads
- Construction of 3,500 square metres of concrete road
- Installation of stormwater infrastructure
- Installation of sewerage infrastructure
- Installation of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure
- Some services were installed within water charged ground below the water table
- Construction of a three sewer pump stations in water charged ground
- Finishing works including kerb and guttering and installation of street lighting
- Management of the construction of a retaining wall with foundations in Hope Harbour
- Construction of a new entry statement and entry road from Sickle Avenue
- All temporary erosion, sedimetn and stormwater control
- Construction of a bespoke SEE Civil Rock Block retaining wall, 5 metres in height and 450 metres in length. Rock Block allows unrestricted building footprints on the 20 plus residential lots are directly above the wall.