Section 5 Earthworks - Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Location - Pacific Highway north of Maclean, NSW
- Completion date - early 2020 (anticipated)
- Value - $25 million
- Client - Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete
On behalf of the Australian and NSW governments, Roads and Maritime Services is progressively upgrading the Pacific Highway to dual carriageway between the Hunter and NSW/Queensland border. The Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade involves the duplication of 155 kilometres to a four-lane divided road. The upgrade starts about six kilometres north of Woolgoolga (north of Coffs Harbour) and ends about six kilometres south of Ballina.
The Section 5 earthworks package involves work to construct the northbound and southbound carriageways as well as interchange ramps and local roads, north of the Harwood Bridge. SEE Civil is working collaboratively with Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete to deliver this part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade.
Scope of Works
- Completion of around 50,000 cubic metres of earthworks across both carriageways and local roads and interchange ramps.
- Placement of 40,000 cubic metres of select and verge materials
- Removal of surcharge materials at the appropriate point through liaison with the project client and neighbouring contractors.
- Significant liaison with neighbouring contractors to ensuring works could be managed collaboratively and efficiently
- Facilitating the switching of traffic onto the completed Hardwood Bridge, a major milestone for the overall Section 5 works
- Removal of redundant pavements once traffic changes have been made
Three Chain Road and Dawson Highway
Mount Lindesay Highway Safety Improvements project - South Maclean