Gold Coast Airport Tower Road
- Location - Coolangatta, QLD
- Completion Date - May, 2012
- Value - $5.3 Million
- Client - Gold Coast Airport Pty Ltd
The Tower Road project undertaken for the Gold Coast airport included the construction of a new access road to the airport's control tower and a new aircraft apron area including the relaignment of several major services.
Tower Road was the initial project undertaken by SEE Civil at the Airport. SEE Civil has developed a strong an ongoing contracting with relationship with the Gold Coast Airport based on their consistent high-quality delivery of projects.
Scope of Works
- Construction of upgrade works for Gold Coast Airport including construction of access road to control tower, construction of new apron, realignment of large scale underground services including dewatering.
- Construction of various flexible pavements
- Heavy pavement construction for use in an airport apron environment
- Realignment of underground services including high and low voltge power and communications services
- All works completed in a high-security airside environment
- The heavy duty apron pavement included the use of a macro roller (SEE Civil designed and constructed) and a road paver for the fine rock beneath the deep lift asphalt.
Curtis Island - Temporary Workers Accomodation Facility
Gladstone Port Bund Wall