Tyndale Borrow - Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Location - Tyndale, NSW
- Completion Date - March 2019
- Value - $10 million
- Client - Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete
On behalf of the Australian and NSW governments, Roads and Maritime Services is progressively upgrading the Pacific Highway to dual carriageway between the Hunter and NSW/Queensland border. The Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade involves the duplication of 155 kilometres to a four-lane divided road. The upgrade starts about six kilometres north of Woolgoolga (north of Coffs Harbour) and ends about six kilometres south of Ballina.
The Tyndale Borrow package of work is part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade. SEE Civil worked collaboratively with Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete to deliver this part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade.
The Tyndale Borrow package involved the estbalishment and operation of a borrow site to provide construction materials to the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade.
Scope of Works
- Clearing and grubbing, including Topsoiling and Mulching;
- Development and Operation of the Borrow Site:
- Winning (extraction drill and blast)
- Processing (crushing and screening)
- 425,000T of R44 Select Material
- 65,000T of R44 Verge Material
- Stockpiling of processed material types
- Conformance testing (as per the relevant RMS Specification)
- Loading of conformed material (or for transfer to a nominated stockpile location)
- Hauling of conformed material directly to site (from the borrow, or a nominated stockpile location)
- Construction & Maintenance of the access haul road
- Rehabilitation & Demobilisation
Maclean Cut - Woolgoolga to Ballina
Gold Coast Airport Ground Transport Infrastructure