- Location - Helensvale, QLD
- Completion date - February, 2006
- Value - $21 Million
- Client - Westfield Design and Construction
Westfield Helensvale (also know as the Helensvale Town Centre) was the first shopping centre development undertaken by Westfield on the Gold Coast in Queensland. The large site is adjacent to the Helensvale Train Station and is now home to just under 200 retailers.
SEE Civil undertook the earthworks and civil construction works for the centre including the construction of a large pedestrian bridges and curved vehicular bridges.
Scope of Works
- Bulk earthworks including extensive rock excavation close to Pacific Highway
- Complex roadwork’s including signalised intersections
- Grade separated intersection for shopping centre and Transit centre access
- Demolition and construction of Queensland Rail’s Helensvale Rail Station carparks while they remained operational
- Pedestrian bridge over road cutting and curved vehicular bridge over Millaroo Dr on QMR property to QMR specifications
- As Westfield Design & Construction where the principal contractor for this project. SEE Civil Pty Ltd was required to work to numerous QMR, GCCC and Legislative requirements as well as meeting specific contract specifications as outlined by Westfield.
- Numerous traffic control plans were developed & implemented to ensure continual operation of the adjacent bus terminal and car park associated with the train station