Empire Industrial Estate
- Location - Yatala, QLD
- Completion Date - Current
- Value - $20 Million
- Client - The Stephens Group
To date, SEE Civil has completed 5 of a proposed 10 stages of the Empire Industrial Estate development in Yatala, Queensland. Works have included more than 1.2 million cubic metres of bulk earthworks, more than 250,000 cubic metres of hard rock blasting with more than 50,000 cubic metres of this rock crushed on site, construction of a 1000 square metre retaining wall using RockBlock plus civil and roadworks to facilitate the industrial estate.
At peak production, earthworks rates of more than 5,000 cubic metres per day were achieved to meet the desired program.
Scope of works
- More than 1,2000,000m3 of cut and fill earthworks to date (works ongoing)
- Planned future earthworks exceeding 1,500,000m3</sup)
- More than 250,000m3 of hard rock blasting
- More than 50,000 tonne of blasted material was crushed on site using SEE Civil crushing equipment
- 1000m2 retaining wall up to 9m in height constructed from site-manufactured RockBlock. Some wall sections were founded on piles due to ground conditions
- More than 40,000m2 pavements constructed with a further planned 50,000m2 in future stages
- 445mm deep pavements constructed
- Earthwork production rate of 5,000m3 per day to achieved desired programme
- Civil works to facilitate the development of large industrial and commercial facilities on estate lots.