- Location - Jimboomba, QLD
- Completion Date - Current
- Value - $29 million
- Client - Peet Pty Ltd
PEET Ltd is developing Flagstone, a satellite city near Jimboomba. Flagstone forms part of the Greater Flagstone Priority Development Area. At completion, Flagstone will have around 12,000 homes and a 126 hectare commercial centre.
SEE Civil's initial scope of works for the development two small residential stages of around 60 residential lots each. Since completion of these stages, SEE Civil has been awarded ongoing packages at Flagstone including a further five residential lot packages and the earthworks and civil works for a future school site.
A key challenge associated with the delivery of works at Flagstone is the ground conditions and requirements to excavate through very hard rock material. In some stages, SEE Civil has adopting a drill, blast and on-site crush methodology to achieve the desired construction program.
SEE Civil has been working with clients Peet Pty Ltd to deliver rolling packages of work since mid-2018.
Scope of works
- All clearing and grubbing for residential stages
- Bulk earthworks including cut/fill management for the western stage one portions
- Installation of sewer, water and electrical reticulation for residential lots and one education facility site
- Bulk and detailed earthworks for around 400 residential lots (to date)
- Construction of a new trunk sewer and associated infrastructure
- Construction of all internal roads including asphalt pavements
- Construction of retaining walls for residential lots as required
- Construction of a new signalised intersection
- Construction of driveways using exposed aggregate material
- Construction of gabions and rock mattress stormwater outlets
- Construction of around 1 kilometre of shared user pathway, connecting into community-wide active transport networks