Inland Rail - Narrabri to North Star Separable Portion 1
Location: Moree, NSW
Start date: November 2020
Trans4m Rail, a joint venture between contractors John Holland Group and SEE Civil, was announced in November 2020 as the Principal Contractor for Inland Rail’s Narrabri to North Star Separable Portion 1 (N2NS-SP1) in North West New South Wales. The N2NS-SP1 section is one of 13 projects that complete Inland Rail and is an upgrade of 186km of existing track, construction of 2.3km of new rail and the construction of multiple bridges and culvert crossings. The scope also includes the signalisation of sidings and level crossings at key points in the alignment. All works are constructed under track possessions.
The project team are currently in the launch phase of this project completing over 43 management and subplans along with the planning and constructing of enabling works (ie. camp setup, laydown areas, training hub, onboarding workforce and main construction office setup) and are expected to start on site in April 2021. The project is expected to be complete in the fourth quarter of 2023.
SCOPE OF WORKS
- Upgrading approximately 171km of track, formation and waterway crossings within the existing Rail Corridor
- Improving the existing horizontal alignment with curve easing at various locations to provide the maximum operational efficiency
- Newell Highway dive structure near Bellata
- Constructing five new crossing loops at Bobbiwaa, Waterloo Creek, Tycannah Creek, Coolleearllee and Murgo with associated maintenance sidings
- Renewal / upgrading of existing turnouts on the main line to existing sidings and yards
- Constructing approximately 235 rail culverts and 102 road culvert locations with up to 10,000 culvert components to install
- Two irrigation crossings and eight under-bridges to meet the 30 TAL structural load requirements
- Upgrading, relocating or consolidating 75 level crossings (public, private and pedestrian) on the existing alignment including changing property access and local road networks (local roads and the Newell Highway)
- Utility relocations and impact mitigations at 470 locations
- Ancillary works also including flood immunity works, improving stormwater and drainage, removal of existing assets, establishing or upgrading existing fencing of the Rail Corridor, construction of noise walls, landscape and landform rehabilitation and facilitating works
- Installation and commissioning of all signalling works.
Mount Lindesay Highway - Camp Cable Road to Tamborine Street
New England Highway (Warwick to Wallangarra) Package 4 & 5